Skip to main content

e-Book Reflection: 'Soul Dreams'

"How to Know If Your Dreams Are God's Dreams - Finding His Will in Your Deepest Desires" by the preacher in blue jeans, Bo Sanchez. And by subscribing to his soulfood via email, one can freely download an e-book version (.pdf file) Visit bosanchez.ph for more details.


“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt


This is the content of the book in a nutshell:
The Three Powerful Secrets Behind All Successes in Life:
1. Desire
2. Belief
3. Action

The 4 Signs of a Soul Dream
1. The Dream Is Connected to Your Most Important Values
2. The Dream Must Bring You Closer to God
3. The Dream Must Be Connected to Your Life Purpose and Core Gifts
4. The Dream Must Make You Happy in the Deepest Way Possible

How will you know your life purpose?
- Examine Your Roots

- Ask yourself two simple questions:
1. Passion: What do you enjoy doing?
2. Potential: And what do you do well?



For my personal reflection, I enjoy doing art and I do well in coming up with witty one-liners, in short expressing myself in words. And maybe, I'm on the right track (baby I was born this way??) in having a career in the field of Advertising Arts. 
The values I hold on to are appreciating beauty, the truth and the joy of doing good. And at some point, I feel that it is also God's plan for me - I would not have thought about this on my own, He let other people influence me in terms of choosing what course to take up and open doors for me in trusting me to put into actual work setting; more than earning money, it is about recognizing your self-worth, living with a purpose. 


It reminded me of what they taught us during my senior retreat, 'Kronos and Kairos' (our time and God's time) We have our own interpretation of our success in life; but while working on that, we should always remember that we also need to work on our place in heaven someday. It is an everyday challenge on how to live each day to its fullest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Hogwarts

That awkward moment when UST Main Building is like Hogwarts. buhayuste : I reblogged this post from Tumblr, again. Today, I am anticipating to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2,  and at the same time,  missing my old school, even if that body of water is  actually floodwater. Sometimes I imagine if the staircases would also move. lol. I may not have a wand to do magic but in my stay there, it felt magical...  :">

The Gap

Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo . "All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap.  It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions." -Ira Glass What drove me to post this inspiring video is the fact that one work of mine has been finally put up in EDSA. It's like a milestone to be celebrated, but it falls under the kind of work that you're not really very proud to show... not because it's that bad, it's just trying to be good. I am not going to name-drop that certain brand, and I have to say that the artist does not always have the call on how can it be done solely, there are a lot more people involved in the creative process.  This is just the beginning and so I hope and pray that in the near future, I'll get past the stage where I just work for the sake of getting the job done but because it was

less than three

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/i-want-a-friday-kind-of-love/# Fridays are full of possibility. Anything could happen. Sure, the weekend could be a letdown, it could turn out to be just another endless series ... The People You Will Fall In Love With In Your 20s | Thought Catalog Just sharing this blog post. And for the record, I'm part of the NBSB community (No Boyfriend Since Birth) - a product of the practicality of finishing College first and the happy-ever-afters of Disney and the romance novels and Classic Pinoy Teleseryes... And a huge part of it is, being uncertain of my maturity level to take care of one-on-one relationships, place somebody else's needs above my own. As a hopeless romantic with a childlike disposition, I truly believe in the last paragraph of this post, that although we encounter different people everyday, but I know someday, it will be clear that someone out there is truly meant for us, aka The One. Lucky for those who have found it earlier,